11) The writer was to during the meeting. His book was well-know all over the world.
12) We have worked out the plan and now we must put it into .
13) Mum doesn’t me to mix with such people..
14) His face was badly by the hot sun while he was working in
15) There they got married and their young.
16) All the rooms are with electric light.
17) The dictionary is too expensive. Mike all his money for it.
18) Every plane has to wait for its to land.
19) You are your time trying to persuaded him; he will never join us.
20) A new bike was what father me as my birthday present.
（C）6. He is busy _______ his suitcase.
B. to pack
（D）7. ---What are you looking for?
--- I can’t remember where I ________ my glasses.
A. would leave
C. had left
（B）8. The girl was pleased when the truth finally________.
A. came on
B. came out
C. came in
D. came down
（D）9. I wonder _______ we could have a talk after the meeting.
（C）10. It began to rain, and Johnson put a light plastic raincoat ______ his jacket.
（A）11. Work hard ______ you will overcome the difficulties.
（D）12. There are five language labs in this building. One is on the second floor and _______ on the third floor.
B. the other
C. other four
D. the others
(B) 13. My parents started off at about
A. would be arriving
B. should have arrived
C. would have arrived
D. should be arriving
（A）14.You can borrow that bicycle if you .
A. want to
B. want it
C. want to do
D. will want
（C）15.The nurse held a small child _____ face I didn’t see clearly.
（D）16.Jack was the sort of man who did not like his actions_______.
A. be questioned
C. having questioned
（A）17. It’s over a year now since I came to the company, but I _______ the manager yet.
A. haven’t met
B. didn’t meet
C. don’t meet
D. wouldn’t meet
（C）18.With such a lot of work _______, Mr. Jordon really had no time to look after his wife and daughter.
C. to do
D. having done
（B）19. ________at his model plane over the weekend, he didn’t complete it.
B. Hard as he worked
C. How he worked hard
D. How hard he worked
（B）20.--- Hello, this is Linda speaking, May I speak to Jim?
A. it is
C.I am Jim
D. that’s me
1. Go and get your coat. It’s_______ you left it.
C. there where
D. where there
2. It worried her bit _______ her hair was turning grey.
3. I remember _______ this used to be a quiet village.
4. These houses are sold at low price ______ people expected.
5. A computer does only what thinking people ______.
A. have it do
B. have it done
C. have done it
D. having it done
6._______! There’s a train coming.
A. Look out
B. Look around
C. Look forward
D. Look on
7. The accident is reported to have occurred _______ the first Sunday in February.
8.－Do you remember _______ he came？
－Yes， I do. He came by car.
9. Smith was reluctant to tell the schoolmaster _______ he had done the day before.
10. He will have learned English for eight years by the time he ______ from the university next year.
A. will graduate
B. will have graduated
D. is to graduate
11.______ terrible weather we’ve been having these days！
A. How a
B. What a
12.Can you tell me _______ the railway station？
A. how I can get to
B. how can I get to
C. where I can get to
D. where can I get to
13.The other day，my brother drove his car down the street at ______ I thought was a dangerous speed.
14. I don’t ______ rock and roll. It’s much too noisy for my taste.
A. go after
B. go away with
C. go into
D. go in for
15.Parents must _______ their children’s act.
A. pay off
B. rise up
C. answer for
D. get along with