(1) This lesson is _______ than the last one.
A. more easier
B. more easy
C. very easier
D. much easier
(2) The football match was ______ because of heavy rain.
(3) The stone was so heavy that it was difficult for the old man to ____ it.
(4) When we saw his face，we knew _______ was bad.
A. the news
B. some news
C. a news
(5) At the peak of his ____，he was appointed chairman of the board of the big company.
(6) What would you ________ to eat tonight？
(7) Most students didn't ____ what he had said in class.
(8) Drunken driving is the main ____ of traffic accidents.
(9) If you pay 100 dollars for this 70 dollar dress，the sales girl should return you 30 dollars ____.
(10) Man's wearing skirt is characteristic _____ Scotland.
(11) _____ the circumstances，there is no hope of the patient's quick recovery.
(12) At the meeting，no member could ______ proper solution to the serious problem.
A. put up with
B. catch up with
C. come up with
D. keep up with
(13) The policeman caught the man _________ the arm.
(14) I ________ my bicycle on the left side.
A. get off from
B. get down
C. get down from
D. get off
(15) Look what father_______ me when he came from work.
(16) The medicine will ______ you good.
(17) ________ your step，or you might fall into the water.
D. Look at
(18) This novel is worthy of _______.
C. having read
D. being read
(19) She can speak Japanese better than ________else.
A. the one
B. no one
(20) I wish you‘d consider _______ to Miami with us this vacation.
B. that you‘ll go
C. to go
D. to going
(21) They lives ______ the other side of the road.
(22) Just think Ann got the house _______ all by herself！
B. be painted
C. to paint
(23) _______ that we were late，we started to run.
B. To know
D. Being known
(24) He didn‘t go to France，the doctor suggested that he _______there.
A. won‘t go
B. not go
C. not to go
D. didn’t go
(25) Nothing could stop _______.
A. him come
B. that the came
C. him from coming
D. him to come
(26) The problem of pollution in this city is more serious than ______ in other cities.
(27) Coal ________ electricity very often.
A. is used to producing
B. is used to produce
C. used to produce
D. used to producing
(28) A few years later，I found my hometown completely _______.
C. to be changed
D. to change
(29) ________，I would have gone to see him.
A. Have I had time
B. Had I time
C. Had I had time
D. would I have had
(30) Since the road is wet this morning，last night _______.
A. it must be raining
B. it must rain
C. it must have rained
D. it must have been rained
(31) The harder he studies， _______.
A. he‘ll make great progress
B. the greater progress he’ll make
C. he‘ll make greater progress
D. the greater he’ll make progress
(32) The meeting _______.
A. is to put off
B. is going to put off
C. is to be put off
D. will put off
(33) This book is for students ______ native language is not English.
A. of whom
(34) Nobody knew _______ there.
A. how long time I had been
B. how long had I been
C. how long time had I been
D. how long I had been
(35) You may not go out _______ your work is done.
(36) It is her cleverness ______ makes it difficult for her work with others.
(37) Today’s weather isn’t as cold as it was yesterday，________？
B. is it
C. was it
D. isn’t it
(38) I think I’ll wait until the mail _______.
A. should come
B. is coming
D. will come
(39) Don’t call me at the office it’s absolutely necessary.
(40) The number of students in our school ________.
B. is increased
C. has increased
D. are increased